Saturday 18 February 2012

Level 3 - Keep it Going...

In class this week I have been working more on the tutorials in my Unity book. The task I'm now undertaking is with guidance and assets from the book to create a small game based on an island.Here are some screenshots the guys told me I should put up:




 I realize this doesn't initially reflect directly upon my own design work, however learning with the book is the most effective method of improving my Unity knowledge and skills (compared to independent experimentation and forums as per first semester). What I intend to do is use my class time to continue this development and upon completion of the tutorials in the book (shouldn't take took long) I should be at a point where I feel more comfortable experimenting. I have also been trying to plan the scripts my basic 'Alien Ark' game will require.


I discussed with Josh this week my feeling like I lacked direction in relation to my 'Giving narrative to kids games' project, after discussing we decided this will stay at the back of my mind until I have an epiphany of some variety and know where I want to go.


I have also began properly setting into motion a side project of my creation, I suggested to some good friends from my BA working on our own company together which they were all up for. First I recruited my good friends Bolurin Kupoluyi  and James Smith working on the art, Mark Rocco on Graphic Design elements and GUI/HUD and backing up the artists, then finally I asked my recently graduated fellow MA Barry Soilleux to help me with the design and scripting. After much thought (and running it past the guys) I decided on the name Powered By Bandits for our little company, for which I've created an email address and wordpress (both currently empty). Due to each of our individual time constraints  the company won't be a particularly 'driven' experience quite yet though it is still in its infancy. I also came up with an idea for our first game, a puzzle platformer though I will wait till it is fleshed out to discuss it any further. So another interesting week for me, all this and the toils of trying to find new housing.


Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment