Sunday 2 October 2011

Level 4:Practice Makes.......Marginally Better

In an effort to start getting myself into some real practical activities the last few days have involved more dabbling within the foreboding Unity engine to which i'm still only a basic user.(better then knowing nothing i suppose). Installed within Unity upon its download is a template game called Angry Bots, consisting of 1 third person shooter level for to experiment with. So experiment I have been, this has consisted of finding various components within the engine and script thus swatting up my knowledge on all that may be useful before I jump head first into trying to create my own ideas.


(Some where in that cluttered mess is my sense of comprehension)


The unfortunate thing about game and level design as an individual discipline is the there not the 'showiest' of disciplines mean our work doesn't start getting particularly visible until its in its latter stages. Such things are the nature of the beast however so it can't be helped but I will endeavor to practice where possible.


Aside from my Unity playing I have also been scouring various sources for a plethora of sources for me to use within my literature and contextual reviews which we were informed of on friday. I already have quite a selection of articles and journal sources but the more the merrier I say. It may be a step outside of the usual realms of the design schools but I will still produce a suitable essay of my analysis of the  ludology/narratology debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment